Pointers on how to choose a name for your site:
- Think of a few keywords: When you first start thinking of what to name your website, think of 4 or 5 keywords people might use to look for your services or products.
- Make it easy to type: You’ll lose the majority of your target market if your site requires a lot of attention to type because of complicated spelling or long words.
- Make it easy to remember: Don’t be the company with the fantastic website which no-one can remember the name of. Also, keeping it short (and therefore memorable) has the added benefit of being a better fit on business cards.
- Don’t use numbers or hyphens: Using numbers or hyphens can lead to misunderstandings when giving your website verbally. And don’t go for writing out numbers either.
- Make it unique: The more unique the name, the easier to remember!